Saturday, May 1, 2010

In the Beginning...

... there was a blog. Well, actually, there was a nurse and her roommate. Between the many stories of patients, co-workers, and inner turmoil, she encouraged me to document it all. I don't know who I really expect to read it, so I guess this is more for me than anything else. I've always been a "documenter"... I journal about everything. I reread my journals on a semi-regular basis. It reminds me how far God has taken me. It reminds me of things that I SO stressed over that are now SO old news. It reminds me that learning to be faithful in little things will build my character to be faithful with bigger things. Mostly, it shows me more and more that God has a plan for me that is playing out, although I don't often see it in progress. Sort of a "can't see the forest through the trees" mentality.

Hence, the blog. Document the week to week issues/stories/lessons, mostly from work, always seen through my eyes... my eyes that have been shaped by a growing understanding and relationship with my God, my eyes that have been shaped by my own insecurities and gifts, my eyes that have been shaped by what I've seen and heard and felt in the hospital. I hope to look back on these posts and have the familiar feeling of "Wow-- how far He's brought me!".

That's the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment